Customize and extend the features of Mechanical APDL Solver
The standard features of ANSYS Mechanical APDL solver (MAPDL sover) can be extended and customized using ANSYS User Programmable Features (UPFs), allowing us to write routines or subroutines in C, C++, or Fortran and use them for your user-specific simulation tasks.
UPFs allow us to customize the ANSYS Mechanical APDL solver to your needs, which may be a user-defined material law option, your own element type, or custom failure criterion for layered elements (composites).
Using ANSYS UPFs we have developed user-defined material model for Steel Fibre Reinforced Concrete (SFRC).
- definition of your own element types (user-defined elements)
- definition of material models with user- defined plasticity, damage or softening material laws
- custom routines for user-defined contact interfacial behaviors
- user real constant and thicknesses
- user failure criteria for the layered elements